This beautiful colonial mansion was built in 1890 and is situated on the west coast of Mexico in El Fuerte. The Posada Del Hidalgo hotel offers 68 rooms in three styles: original rooms with high ceilings and balconies, and two styles which are more spacious and face the beautiful gardens – all are air conditioned with en suite bathrooms. There is an outdoor pool for guests and a curio shop onsite. Mexican cuisine is served in the charming open-air restaurant with popular dishes such as "Anahuacalli" tortilla soup and freshwater lobster.
Perhaps take a Colonial Walking Tour nearby, enjoy the birds on a scenic raft ride along the Fuerte River, take an overnight trip to Copper Canyon or visit Topolobampo Bay for some sport fishing or a yacht trip. The original part of the property which surrounds the tropical garden is Casa Vieja, believed to be the original site of Don Diego de la Vega’s house – and the bar offers an “El Zorro” Happy Hour.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours