Recently opened on the southwest coast of Mauritius at Bel Ombre, Tamassa lays at the end of a long avenue of mature coconut palms, with sugarcane fields and mountains as stunning backdrop. In front, there is a white sand beach and fabulous views across the turquoise lagoon. The southwest is a beautiful part of Mauritius, with spectacular walks and drives through lush, tropical hillsides.
The 214 rooms are all sea facing, with pure, simple lines and funky contemporary décor, popular with the young, and young at heart. They are very well-equipped and some can be interconnecting. The restaurant has three separate eating areas, each with its own open kitchen offering a range of international cuisine. The beach bar and restaurant serves lighter meals. Facilities and activities include four swimming pools, a gym, floodlit tennis courts, table tennis.
The Spa has 16 treatment rooms for a range of treatments. There is a Kid’s Club, a Teens club for older youngsters, with organised activities, and a nightly disco. There is also a night club. Next to the hotel the Tamarina Golf, Spa & Beach Club has an 18-hole championship golf course. Freeof- charge watersports include windsurfing, pedal boats, kayaks, sailing, snorkelling, glass-bottom boat rides and water-skiing. Speedboat rides, diving (PADI) and deep-sea fishing, are available at extra cost.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours