Pumulani lodge is located on the west side of the Nankumba Peinsula on the Southern end of Lake Malawi, the 'Lake of Stars'. There are 10 grass thatched chalets that are designed to provide space and comfort.
Here you can relax on the white sandy beaches or at the magnifcent infinity pool, for the more active there are waterskiis, sailing, kayaking, walks in the hills, sunset cruises on hand built dhow's and snorklling.
Fish life in the lake is diverse due to the Lake's isolation to other water bodies.
Pumulani also has its own Malawi Stagazer; a telescope with a 200x zoom, linked to a computer which allows you to discover stars, nebulas and planets at the fick of a switch.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- 'Big five' in Majete Wildlife Reserve
- Rest & relaxation beach time on the sunny shores of Lake Malawi
- An innovative, fresh Africa experience for travel gourmets
- Walking safaris
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours