Situated about 16 km from the town Ambilobe (about 5 - 6 hours drive from Diego Suarez or 3 - 4 hours from Ankify) Iharana Bush Camp has 18 bungalows with en suite facilities (showers not bath tub).
The design reflects a unique crossover between traditional Malagasy and African styling.
From the terraces, sunsets are marvelous and views of Ankarana are truly alluring. The kitchen and restaurant create the atmosphere of a bush camp and food is mostly locally sourced and excellent.
The camp is about 90 minutes drive from the Park HQ and about 15 minures walk to the 'tsingy'.
5 bungalows have lake and tsingy views, with private terrace. One bungalow has a partial view of the lake & tsingy, with terrace. 8 of the bungalows are in the gardens and do not have terraces or lake views.
Activities and facilities:
The lodge has a small swimming pool. A variety of activities are on offer, including pirogue (boat) trips on the lake (lovely in the late afternoons especially), walks/hikes to the tsingy and to Iharana Cave (about 3 hours), visit to Mandresy Cave (about 2 - 3 hours), and sundowners on the viewing platform. There are bicycle rides and also visits to the villages nearby. Note that there are no aircons or fans (breezy weather between April and November). The camp is closed annually from 15 December to 15 March. Wifi is intermittent and in the main reception building only.
Please note: this is a bush camp and as such, there is small wildlife in the property and occasionally in the rooms - our guests tend to enjoy the 'friendly frogs' which are known to enter the bathrooms. But if you want to experience Madagascar in it's full, then Iharana Bush Camp would be the place for you.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Luxuriant rainforest at Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
- Tsingy limestone pinnacle-fields and caves at Ankarana
- Rare wildlife including lemurs, chameleons and endemic birds
- Relaxing at remote and secluded Baobab Beach
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours