Established by Yorke and Lydia Pareik who have lived in the Diego Suarez region for decades and who have a prodigious knowledge of the region, this comfortable, no-frills, owner-run lodge is close to the Mahamasina Gate at Ankarana Est.
From Diego Suarez airport, the drive to Ankarana Lodge will take about 4 hrs,30 min.
There are 12 bungalows/rooms: 8 of the bungalows are separate/detached, with front and back terrace and a French window. Each has a double bed and 1 Single Bed. A second single bed can be added on request.
Additionally, there are 4 rooms: 3 are doubles and one is a family room with a double and 2 single beds.
All bungalows are equipped with air-conditioning, but do note that the generator operates only from 18h00 – 22h00. All of the rooms have standing fans.
There is a sparkling swimming pool offering very welcome respite from the (generally) hot weather.
The property has 15 ha of land in which guests can enjoy walks and while exploring, see tsingy, lemurs and other wildlife, along with an abundance of weird and wonderful flora. The property has long been appreciated as being a rewarding location for nocturnal wildife, so take a flashlight/torch with spare batteries.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Luxuriant rainforest at Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
- Tsingy limestone pinnacle-fields and caves at Ankarana
- Rare wildlife including lemurs, chameleons and endemic birds
- Relaxing at remote and secluded Baobab Beach
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours