On a beautiful and remote stretch of coastline with sweeping white sand beaches and within close proximity to remarkable Spiny forest with the famed 'stunted' variant of the Grandidier's baobabs, Salary Bay is about 3hrs,30min north of Tulear along a dirt road.
The road journey is a fascinating one, taking guests to a part of Madagascar which as yet has not been exposed to the masses.
Accommodation consists of 10 comfortable en-suite bungalows and a villa which sleeps up to 8 guests and has two bathrooms. The property's maximum capacity is 28 guests. Each of the bungalows has glass doors, a private terrace with deck chairs and mosquito netting is provided on the beds.
The restaurant is open-air and from the deck, there are lovely views over the sea. (The dazzling aquamarine waters in this area are incredible).
There is a swimming pool and sun deck. Massages are offered.
Many activities are on offer from here, including visits to the spiny bush for baobabs, other wonderful flora and birds; quad-biking, mountain biking, snorkelling and fishing.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours