Nature Lodge offers good accommodation just outside Joffreville, only 15 minutes drive from the upland rainforest of Montagne d’Ambre National Park.
Set on a plateau, it provides panoramic views over the Bay of Antsiranana, and magnificent sunsets. The lodge has twelve rectangular, thatched chalets, constructed from local wood, and equipped with a double and a single bed. Each has private facilities with hot water and a private verandah from which to enjoy the spectacular views.
The spacious, attractive restaurant serves good food based on local products like coconut, fish and seafood, and the produce of the forested mountains nearby. I can particularly recommend the chicken in pistachio sauce.
The restaurant opens onto a wide, furnished terrace, which is the perfect spot to sip an aperitif while watching the sun set over the Bay of Diego Suarez (Antsiranana).
There is also a comfortable and convivial bar where you can talk over your day and plan the next while savouring a rum cocktail or a coconut punch.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours