Sasaab lies west of Samburu and stands above the Ewaso Nyiro River, with stupendous 270º vistas over the Samburu lands, the Laikipia Plateau and the Mathews Range. Its nine vast, individual rooms are among the loveliest in Kenya and provide privacy, plunge pools and panoramic views. No. 1 has a private grassy area and is about 200m from the main lodge area, which appeals to honeymooners and people who want that extra seclusion. The food is fantastic. The main area stands on a rocky ridge and is designed like a Moroccan courtyard, because the heat is a major consideration. The swimming pool is perched on the hill and looks out to the river; as does the new spa, with organic treatments, two treatment rooms, a yoga space and plunge pool – which adds another dimension to this wonderful lodge. Samburu guides lead game drives in the conservancy – where wild dog have been seen – or in the reserve, as well as camel and bush walks and cultural visits. Sipping sundowners on a kopje is magical. Sasaab is superbly managed by Ali and Tony Allport – it makes such a difference to your stay. Tony is also a KPSGA qualified guide. Despite the exceptionally harsh conditions of recent drought, game reports include a herd of over 200 endangered Grevy’s zebra, 80 elephant and daily sightings of a leopard and her cubs.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours