Samburu Intrepids has 30 newly refurbished en suite tents and palm thatched main areas are set on stilts to catch the breezes. Like Mara Intrepids, its Adventurers Club offers children an outstanding interactive safari experience. Activities include guided nature walks, butterfly identification, plaster-casting animal prints, traditional singing, dancing and craftwork sessions, and learning Maasai skills including spear throwing, archery and fire-building. Teenage guests revel in the star-gazing and astronomy, first-aid and survival sessions, orienteering, guided bush walks, game drives and camel rides of the Young Rangers Club. Visiting the Samburu village of Kiltamany is a particularly worthwhile experience. They can step inside a mud hut, try to pump water, and see the school that was set up with a portion of guests’ fees. Between times, cool off and relax by the pool.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours