Elephant Watch is an exotic, eco-friendly camp on the banks of a seasonal river, not far from the Douglas-Hamiltons’ elephant research station.
Each of the six individual, stylish, tented rooms is built around its own tree and furnished with unique pieces made from fallen wood. Local rugs, bright cushions and swathes of colourful fabric reinforce the atmosphere of a nomadic camp. Superb meals use fresh produce from the owners’ farm in Naivasha.
The Samburu staff are lovely and devoted to the camp, and the guides are extraordinary. There are fabulous trees, amazing birding and a wealth of rare game, but this camp is inspired by the owners’ 30-year relationship with the African elephant.
They have identified 66 family groups and know each individual member. This long commitment infuses your elephant tracking and every game drive and bush walk. It’s an amazing experience.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Exclusive itinerary to Rainbow Tours
- Wildlife rich areas
- Small boutique camps
- Fly betweeen parks - maximising time on safari
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours