Elephant Bedroom Camp is a very welcoming, well-run tented safari camp with a lovely riverside setting in Samburu National Reserve.
Elephant Bedroom has 12 spacious, comfortable tents, 2 with king-size beds and 10 with twin queen-size. Other furnishings include a sofa and a dressing table, a standing lamp and bedside lamps. Each tent is has enormous screen windows to provide open views and is equipped with electric power points, private facilities with hot and cold running water for the shower and twin basins, and herbal toiletries.
The décor is attractive, with geometric rugs on the floors and curtains for the screen windows.
Each tent has a shaded, private verandah, with table and chairs, from which you can watch the wildlife come to drink from the Ewaso Nyiro River.
The open-sided dining tent offers uninterrupted views of the wildlife wandering through camp – and has a romantic atmosphere when candle-lit at night. Breakfast is generally served al fresco. Lunch is a leisurely 3-course meal with choices. A 4-course dinner is served either in the dining tent or under the clear African sky.
Elephant Bedroom offers morning and afternoon game drives in open-sided 4WD safari vehicles and you are likely to see prides of lion, herds of elephant and, with luck, leopard. The guiding is of a high standard. The afternoon/evening game drive includes a stop for sundowners and your morning drive may include an interval for a fabulous bush breakfast. You can deepen your understanding of Samburu on guided bush walks with the resident naturalist or by joining one of the talks about Samburu culture. Cultural visits are also on offer.
One feature of staying at Elephant Bedroom is that game-viewing isn’t confined to the ‘game activities:’ not only does the river attract a constant stream of animals, elephant are regularly sighted in camp.
The tented lounge area is decorated in earthy, African hues and is a comfortable place to relax.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Search for big cats and an abundance of other wildlife in the world renowned Masai Mara
- Seek dry-country wildlife best sought in Samburu
- Enjoy intimate bush camps with a relaxed safari ambience and exceptional service
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours