Hemingways is an oasis of peace and calm, set on one of the world's best beaches at the sleepy village of Watamu, two hours north of Mombasa.
The wide, white beaches and Watamu Marine Park and nearby Sokoke Forest, with 260 recorded bird species including the endangered spotted ground thrush, Sokoke scops owl, Sokoke pipit, East coast akalat, and Clarke’s weaver are the main attractions of the area. Hermingways Watamu began life as a fishing lodge and has evolved into one of the best hotels on the Kenya coast.
All 76 air-conditioned rooms offer sea view and are steps away from the seven-kilometre stretch of pristine, sandy beach. Hermingways Watamu offers everything you would expect from a top establishment, including two swimming pools, a gym, beauty treatments and massage, snorkelling, scuba diving and the legendary big-game fishing. The fact that 30 per cent of its guests have been before speaks for itself.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours