Shaded by a thicket of acacia trees, Tortilis Camp has one two-bedroomed family house and 18 secluded tents , including two for families, each with private verandah. The pool, cosy lounge, bar and dining area all offer views of Mount Kilimanjaro. With its pool and range of safari activities, Tortilis is a good choice for families. Experienced guides make bush walks and game drives a special experience for young and old alike. As part of its conservation strategy, Tortilis leases a 30,000-acre private concession from the community, which reduces the pressure on the park, provides guests with an exclusive area for game drives, walks and bush meals and gives the Maasai an additional source of revenue.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours