Camino Real is a good choice for those wishing to visit the Tikal National Park easily (45 minutes drive) and enjoy the beauty of the area. Situated near to the villages of El Remate and Jobompiche and located on the shores of Lake Peten Itza, the Camino Real Tikal is a 72 room hotel. There are 60 standard rooms all of which have individual balconies with views of the lake and are equipped with a cable television, mini-bar and air-conditioning.
At the Camino Real Tikal, guests can dine at the restaurant Ceibal and Nahum, snack at the Café Bar Itza situated by the pool and enjoy drinks at the Cahui bar where you can also enjoy a game of pool or darts. Apart from exploring the Tikal National Park, guests may prefer to enjoy activities closer to the hotel such as, boat riding in the lake and kayaking.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours