Situated only 40 minutes away from Quito in the amazing Tandayapa Valley is the bird and nature lover’s paradise, the Tandayapa Bird Lodge. From the moment you travel down the driveway to the entrance you will be amazed at the bird species surrounding you. Tandayapa Bird Lodge offers 12 bedrooms inside the main building and 3 surrounded by the forest, all have private bathrooms with hot water and electricity.
During your stay at this special destination, take advantage of some of the many great excursions (can be guided) which the Tandayapa Bird Lodge organises to amazing bird-watching spots such as; Paz de las Aves, Rio Silanche and Mashpi. All destinations are located within a two hour drive from the lodge and cover different parts of the rainforest such as, the wet area and the lowland Chocó rainforest! Birds that you may spot include; rare Chocó species, the scarlet-rumped Cacique and the Scarlet-browed Tanagers.
If you are looking to fill your time with other activities apart from bird-watching and photographing, you can go hiking, zip lining, trout fishing, visit archaeological museums and waterfalls and at the end of the day return to the Jacuzzi at Tandayapa Bird Lodge.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours