Less than 2 hours from Quito, nestled in the Tandayapa Cloud Forest, is Bellavista Cloud Forest Reserve & Lodge. The transitional forest region is perfect for birding and this simple but comfortable lodge provides the ideal base for your adventure. Watch the sunrise and the mist lift from the valleys below and observe the magical activity of the forest.
Although simply furnished each room features hot water showers, comfortable beds and your own private balcony where you can relax to the sounds of the forest. All meals are included as are birding activities with the different elevations offering varying species. There is the opportunity to see the Cock-of-the-Rock at the Reserva Paz de las Aves. The lodge has an excellent network of trails which cover over 10km and range from easy to more adventurous. Combine this with 4 waterfalls in the property for the perfect, away from it all, forest and nature experience.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours