Hotel Grano de Oro is situated on a shady street just off Paseo Colon, the main street in downtown San Jose, and is a converted Victorian mansion dating back around 100 years.
The building has been lovingly restored to create a hotel with 40 rooms and suites that maintain the warmth and comfort of a private home. The rooftop garden terrace has loungers and two outdoor Jacuzzis.
The hotel’s restaurant, run by a French chef, serves tropical Costa Rican and European dishes.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Breathtaking landscape of the Central Valley
- Abundant wildlife in Corcovado National Park
- Cross spectacular Lake Arenal
- Pristine Pacific beaches
- Spectacular views in Arenal
- Secluded Pacific beaches
- Eco-luxury lodge in the cloud forest
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours