El Silencio is a high-quality lodge, with a strong focus on sustainability and situated in 500 acres of tropical cloud forest reserve in the Central Valley. This peaceful and stylish lodge was designed by a Costa Rican architect and is a perfect choice for all ages and group sizes looking to explore the delights of the Central Valley.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
El Silencio Lodge is a high-quality hotel situated in 500 acres of private tropical Cloud Forest reserve in the Central Valley between the Juan Castro Blanco National Park and the Poas Volcano National Park. The boutique style property has a strong emphasis on sustainability, and features 16 stylish cottage suites equipped with energy-efficient lighting, outdoor whirlpool tub, furnished viewing deck with mountain or river views and complimentary in-room health snacks. Guests can spend their days visiting the Arenal Volcano, Poas Volcano, horseback riding, river rafting, visiting the local orchid farm and many other outdoor activities. El Silencio Lodge is located in a bird lover’s paradise, and the surrounding cloud forest is full of birdlife that can be hopefully spotted from the many trails within the forest. After an active day, the Esencia Spa with its lovely yoga deck is an ideal place to relax, and guests can enjoy healthy meals at the on-site Los Ventanales restaurant.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours