In the southern region of Costa Rica, set high in the mountains of Perez Zeledon is Alta Gracia, a luxurious boutique hideaway. From San Jose the journey takes two and a half hours by road through the lush interior of the country or just 25 minutes by private plane.
The Hacienda is located within a Cloud Forest environment with typically warm sunny days and refreshing cool evenings. The property covers a total of 350 hectares yet only 38 have been used for construction. Dotted through the well manicured gardens are 50 ‘casita’ style accommodations all of generous size with a cosy fireplace and panoramic terrace.
Alta Gracia has seven dining options, each with its own distinctive feel. Have a tapas style dinner at La Bodeguita del Centro accompanied by fine wine from La Cava, the haciendas own wine cellar or enjoy a steak at El Grill, a lounge and terrace right at the riding rings.
During the day choose from a host of activities. The equestrian experience offers the largest riding centre in Central America with 22 oversize stables, choice of English or Western saddle and miles of private riding trails.
Other choices include mountain biking, bird watching, hiking and cooking classes. Relax at the SPA featuring 2 saunas, 2 steam rooms, 2 Vichy showers and independent relaxation rooms or choose from a range of mind and body soothing treatments.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours