El Remanso Lodge is located in the heart of the rainforest on the Osa Peninsula in a private reserve of 185 acres (part of the Osa Peninsula National Refuge).
Opened in 1999, El Remanso Lodge has been awarded the highest rating in Sustainable Tourism by the Costa Rican Tourism Board and has a good relationship with the community around the lodge.
There are 13 lovely rustic cabins and rooms. Meals are served in the bamboo restaurant where views of the forest canopy can be enjoyed and weekly evening talks on local conservation take place here.
Guests will enjoy being in the heart of the rainforest surrounded by monkeys, frogs, birds and many other species. You may wish to spend your day going waterfall rappelling, bird watching, hiking, surfing or exploring the beach. Activities offered by local guides include dolphin watching, surfing, hiking in the Corcovado National Park and horseback riding.
After an active day, return to El Remanso Lodge and relax in the swimming pool and take in the beautiful views.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours