Natural Lodge Caño Negro enjoys an unrivalled location next to the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge and is surrounded by nature and beautiful gardens.
The wildlife refuge is a natural habitat of more than 350 species of birds, as well as the emerald basilisk, iguanas, river turtles, caimans, jaguars, ocelots, giant anteaters, monkeys, and many more wildlife species.
It is the perfect place for keen birdwatchers and passionate wildlife lovers on their Costa Rica holiday. Rooms are simple yet bright and comfortable, all with air conditioning and garden views.
There is an outdoor pool with wet bar, an on-site restaurant and a variety of tours within the local area that can be booked upon arrival.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours