Facing the sea with panoramic views and surrounding the jungle with its numerous fresh water streams, El Cantil Ecolodge offers visitors accommodation in wooden cabins with green shingle roofs and a small seating areas, all connected by wooden pathways.
A 50 minute flight from Medellin, El Cantil Ecolodge is run on sustainable principles and not only works to preserve the environment but also has close associations with the local communities. Accommodation is simple with only seven chalets in total, all with en suite bathrooms, private balconies overlooking the sea, hammocks and protective mosquito nets.
Located on Colombia's wilder and wetter Pacific coast, El Cantil Ecolodge is the place to really get away from it all. There's no internet, Wifi or television here and only electricity between the hours of 6pm and 10pm.
However, between June and November the warm sheltered waters are visited by over a thousand humpback whales that migrate here to have their calves. Whale watching here is a very intimate experience as there are no large boats. Wanderlust Magazine says "people in the know consider this the whale-watching capital of the world".
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours