Belmond Eagle Island Lodge is situated on the island of Xaxaba surrounded by Ilala Palms with breathtaking views of the Okavango Delta.
Almost completely rebuilt in 2015, the sleek new look property is now the ultimate Okavango Delta water and experience focused safari lodge. Edging into the delta itself, at Belmond Eagle Island Lodge you really couldn’t get any closer to one of natures most pristine and unique locations and UNESCO World heritage Site.
The main public areas include a stylish dining area with a pizza oven and lounge area with bar, small reference library and the Fish Eagle Bar located directly on the water.
Belmond Eagle Island Lodge has twelve Deluxe Tented Rooms featuring oversized beds each boasting a view of the delta. The luxurious bathrooms offer large indoor bathtubs plus an indoor and outdoor shower, while on the spacious outdoor deck you can enjoy endless vistas or a refreshing dip in the private plunge pool.
This is a great lodge for seeing the Big 5 in Botswana. The lodge offers a variety of water based safari activities including motorised boats (the best for spotting hippos), mokoros which are traditional dug out canoes and guided walks on the islands of the Okavango Delta. Fishing and village visits are also available on request.
For a unique view of the delta we recommend you treat yourself to a safari experience by helicopter. Other unique experiences include bush picnics, star gazing mythology, sundowners on the barge and traditional cookery demonstrations.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Explore the evocative baobab grove and Bushmen paintings
- Tour the delta's waterways by traditional mokoro canoe
- At Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge listen to the rumble of elephants
- Treat yourself with an optional safari by helicopter
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours