Tayka de Piedra meaning ‘Hotel of the Rocks’ was built using volcanic rock and is situated on the Southern border the Uyuni Salt Flats in San Pedro de Quemez.
This lovely hotel has been built to fit in with its beautiful surroundings, an ancient pre-Columbian village. At the Tayka de Piedra, guests can enjoy wholesome meals and comfortable rooms.
A journey to this area may involve visiting; active volcanoes, the Cuevas Galaxias which were discovered in 2003, pre-Columbian sites and also, the view at sunset from the Mirador Caltama!
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours