This hotel occupies a remote location in Colchani, overlooking the Salar de Uyuni.
This concept hotel, which took two years to construct, has been included in ‘most unusual hotel’ lists because it has been built with salt, everything from the chairs, tables, beds and sculptures are made of this substance.
The Palacio del Sal has 16 comfortable, well-heated en suite rooms constructed in an igloo style with salt blocks. There is a dining room, bar and games room.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours