Chalalan Lodge is in the heart of the Madidi National Park, one of the most biologically diverse places on Earth.
Designed to blend in with the surrounding environment, the ecolodge is built using traditional techniques and environmentally friendly materials.
Reached by a 5-hour motorised canoe from Rurrenabaque, this small jungle lodge is nested deep in pristine forest. Learn about the local community in the area; the people of San Jose de Uchupiamonas, who work in union with the lodge and work hard to ensure the future of the Madidi National Park. Proceeds from the local go to support the community.
Thatched cabins feature private bathrooms, all with mosquito nets; accommodation is simple yet comfortable. Cabins have a veranda with hammocks to relax in and are set against the banks of the Chalalan river, ideal for an afternoon swim. There is a maze of paths and trails surrounding the lodge waiting to be explored.
Excursions at the lodge are operated with a maximum of 6 people and run by indigenous guides all from the local community. On offer are activities such as guided hikes, bird watching, canoe trips, night walks and night hikes.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours