Bahia Bustamente may feel to some like they've reached the end of the world yet the effort taken to arrive is definitely worth it. This is a holiday to Argentina that is off the beaten track.
Set on Argentina's Atlantic coast between Comodoro Rivadavia and Trelew, the property is made up of 11 simple houses (either Sea Front houses or Steppe houses) each with a separate living area, kitchen and porch. This old sheep estancia and seaweed farm offers access to exceptional wildlife viewing, both marine and land.
Days here are spent heading out on foot, by bike, by 4X4 or on horseback to explore canyons, ancient petrified forests, rugged coastline and spotting birds and animals. In between June and November; glimpses of the Southern Right Whale, dolphins and orcas are possible. Keen birders come to Bahia Bustamente to spot 2 species in particular; the Orlog gull and the steamer duck; this area being one of the most important areas of Atlantic Patagonia for seabirds.
Within the main house, also known as The Storehouse, guests will find a typical Patagonian atmosphere. The restaurant serves delicious regional food based on their own production of marine algae, lamb and mutton, fish, and fruit and veg from their garden. The inviting living room is a place to read or simply contemplate the sea and take in the incredible Patagonian skies.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours