Rincon del Socorro originated from a main ranch building dating back to 1886. Since it has been restored and expanded yet retains the classic Spanish style consisting of great galleries, ideal to escape the heat of the sun and a cosy main living room with fireplace for cooler days. T
he property features a beautiful pool, often accompanied by the sound of garrulous parrots. Guests enjoy a combination of traditional recipes, international dishes and in the roofed barbecue shack, the typical asado can be prepared.
The hosteria has spacious rooms and offers full board and activities. Enjoy lazing by the pool in the stunning surroundings or head out to explore the Iberá Wetlands by canoe, on horseback, on foot or by vehicle.
The setting of Rincon del Socorro is a unique paradise in South America for its combination of landscapes, wildlife and vegetation. With vast temporarily flooded grasslands, Caranday Palm groves, subtropical grasslands, Espinal woodlands and small gallery forest, this exceptionally well-preserved environment offers excellent bird watching opportunities with many rare species. Up to 350 identified species have been found in the area from the strange-tailed tyrant, the yellow cardinal, the crowned eagle and the jabiru - the America's largest stork.
In terms of mammals, guests can spot the capybara, marsh deer, brocket deer, howler money, fox and viscacha. For the lucky few, rare species such as the maned wolf and river otter can be seen.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours