Surrounded by magnificent houses, cafes, boutiques and the vast Carrasco gardens, Sofitel Montevideo opened in late 2012 in a completely renovated historic building, located in an exclusive area of the city. The hotel’s 93 rooms and 23 suites have retained a French elegance with contemporary touches, and offer visitors complete comfort and privacy. The suites have fantastic views over Rio de la Plata, panoramic Carrasco beach or the Stella Maris Church. The hotel has a restaurant, bar and tea gallery as well as a signature spa.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours