Rubondo Island Camp is in a National Park on the south west corner of Lake Victoria, Tanzania.
It is an untouched sub-tropical forest, protected by the lake that surrounds it.
The main island is 26 km long and ranges from 3 km to 10 km in width and is surrounded by beaches and rocky coves, it is the habitat of wild chimpanzee, elephant, giraffe, vervet monkeys, crocodile and hippo.
This exclusive lake front property, is ensconced under a shady forest canopy with superb views across Lake Victoria. It is the only accommodation on what is the largest Island National park in the world and nestles beneath the shade of huge trees just 60 metres from the sandy lake shore.
The main areas have a comfortable lounge, dinning area and swimming pool surrounded by decks close to the beach and with lovely views of the lake. There will only be eight luxury chalets / suites under the forest canopy just 60 metres from the lakeshore.
Activities on land include hiking through the habitat of wild chimpanzees, walking safaris, game drives and boat trips to nearby Croc and Bird Island and game fishing the legendary Nile perch. Speciality aspects include chimp talks by researchers, birding over 200 endemic and migratory species (December to February for migratory birds), Sitatunga antelope, wildflowers (Wild orchids for November to March), Butterflies (November to March), otters and frogs
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours