Kungwe Beach Lodge is a solarpowered tented camp that lies on a cove of sun-kissed sand.
Its ten secluded, thatched safari tents stand on raised wooden platforms in the forest fringe. From the verandahs, the view extends over Lake Tanganyika’s waters to the mountains of the Congo.
The open-side main mess and lounge allow you to savour the view while relaxing or enjoying your meals. Candlelit dinners are often served on the beach, beside a blazing bonfire.
After an active chimpanzee trek or a hike to the waterfalls, you can engage in great sports fishing or unwind on a scenic boat trip. Snorkelling along the coastline, paddling a kayak or just relaxing on a sunbed are equally spellbinding.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours