On a crescent beach at the foot of spectacular, forested mountains, Greystoke Mahale Camp is simply stunning.
The six open-front, twostorey bandas have upstairs viewing decks on which to relax and appreciate the incredible surroundings.
With a sumptuous dining and bar area, four observation decks, a specialist primate library, lamp-lit dinners on a dhow, and fresh lake sashimi, this is style with soul.
We were impressed and enthralled by the chimp tracking guides’ intimate knowledge of individual animals and their life stories. The chimpanzees’ fragile habitat has been protected by its isolation.
After what can be a three-hour walk, snorkel in the lake, fish, swim, or relax on the beach.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Katavi, One Of Africa's Least Visited National Parks
- Huge Herds Roaming The Plains Of Katavi
- Large Pods Of Hippos
- Big Five Game Viewing
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours