Serena Mivumo River Lodge is a luxury lodge set in a spectacular location high above the banks of the Rufiji river and close to the impressive Steiglers Gorge.
The lodge consists of 12 air-conditioned rooms each of which are thatched and made of timber, with a private decking, plunge pool and al-fresco shower. The rooms are traditionally decorated with safari antiques and are spacious and comfortable.
Your stay at Mivumo is inclusive of three meals a day and all local drinks. Breakfast is buffet style served with fresh Tanzanian coffee and tea. Lunch has a wide range of options on the buffet. The three course dinner is plated, consisting of soup or salad starter, meat, fresh fish, pasta or vegetarian main dish and delicious cakes and fruit for dessert. Followed by cheese and biscuits and coffee, if you can manage it.
Game drives, boating safaris and guided walks are all part of your stay at Mivumo. Game drives will normally be an all-day trip with picnic lunch so you can make the most of your time on the reserve. The lodge has it’s own boat house 10 minutes away and a boat trip combined with fishing is a must. Walks will normally take place in the morning and are with a guide from the lodge.
Long wooden walkways connect the rooms, main dining area, lounge, library and bar which are the focal point of the lodge and the perfect place to simply relax. The infinity pool is set just below the lounge and bar, and has excellent views of the river below where there is a regular movement of animals.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours