Rufiji River Camp’s 14 secluded tents are divided between two areas, creating a small camp ambience.
Some tents are high on a bank above the river, with views over the water to the plains beyond.
Others are set along the river, in lush woodland inhabited by monkeys and birds. All are simply and comfortably furnished, with a shady private verandahs.
The food is fresh, unpretentious and tasty. The guides are mainly very experienced Tanzanians and earn enthusiastic reports from our clients. Boat safaris on the river and nearby lakes are a real highlight.
Game drives can include a full-day safari with bush breakfast and lunch. The pool is most refreshing after a walking safari.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours