The family-run Ruaha River Lodge was the first camp in Ruaha and it has an enviable location on the Ruaha River.
Extending along the river’s rocky shoreline, each of the 20 vast stone and thatch bandas has a double and single bed, a small lounge area and a large verandah.
The lodge offers simple comfort, good value, wholesome food from the Fox family farm and great game viewing.
You may even decide to skip an early morning walk and watch the spectacle of hippos, crocodiles, elephants, giraffe, zebras, warthogs, kudu and waterbuck visiting the river throughout the day.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours