Mwagusi is a tented safari camp with charm and character, owned and brilliantly hosted by Chris Fox.
Overlooking a watering hole, it is set on a peninsula in the sand river in the middle of Ruaha, where wildlife is most concentrated. The ten bandas, with gorgeous bathrooms and tented sleeping areas, have modern comforts, traditional safari style, and, from your bed or hammock, views of giraffe, elephant and baboons in the dry river bed.
The guiding at Mwagusi is outstanding. Each vehicle has a guide and tracker, so two pairs of experienced eyes are on the lookout for wildlife. You can walk along the river bed tracking lion or take a sunset stroll on the Rift Valley escarpment.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours