Lake Manze Camp is located in one of the largest reserves in Africa, the vast Selous Game Reserve which covers 54,600 km2.
The camp is near Lake Manze overlooking a plain which is filled with an assortment of birds and wildlife.
Lake Manze is a simple, classic, low impact camp with an open air main area under thatch with dining and various sitting areas overlooking the lake. The camp is not fenced so wildlife is free to roam though camp.
Built with minimum disturbance to the area, solar powered tents with some generator back up, careful waste disposal and sourcing of local produce from farmers on the border of the reserve ensure positive relations and development of the community.
The 12 East Africa style walk-in tents, set under tall shady Doum Palms, are well spaced from each other giving privacy. Tents are en suite with flush loo and shower at the rear, the bed faces the front of the tent giving you a view as you wake, and a private veranda to wile away the afternoons.
Game drives are in open 4x4 vehicles limited to six persons per vehicle, in addition to boat safaris which is a peaceful way game view, early morning guided walks with ranger and even an opportunity for fishing.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours