On the banks of the seasonal Jongomero River, in the remote southwest corner of the Ruaha, elegant Jongomero Camp is the only camp in this pristine area.
Encompassing rocky outcrops, mountains and the great Ruaha River. Ruaha’s most luxurious camp, Jongomero has just eight extravagantly spacious safari tents on raised platforms, with large private decks offering unimpeded views of the river and surrounding wilderness.
The main lodge is shaded by an ancient African ebony tree.
Meals include safari picnics, campfire cooking and al fresco dinners under the stars.
Game drives are in open Landrovers and can include a full-day safari; and, after a bush walk, the pool is a welcome place to relax and cool off.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours