Located in the cooler highlands of the Selous, Beho Beho is a small and intimate camp overlooking the Rufiji River. Eight luxurious open-fronted bandas extend onto a spacious verandah with exceptional vistas. The open sided lounge, dining areas, bar and ‘billiards room’ provide a sophisticated setting for relaxation.
Highly experienced guides schedule activities to suit individual interests. Walking, driving and boat safaris facilitate excellent game-viewing. This is a truly special camp where the game drive often lasts all day, may include a bath in hot springs, and you probably will not see another vehicle.
Perfect for those in search of a bit of privacy, with two double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, a day bed can be placed in one room for a child, therefore accommodating up to 5 persons. This spacious retreat comes with private guide who will take you out on private game drives, boat activities or guided walking safaris. The private chef will prepare meals in house, it has its own pool and mod cons from satellite TV, DVD player and even iPod docking station.
Beho Beho Tree House
When staying 4 nights or longer, Beho Beho will be offering the option of a romantic tree house sleep out for two. The experience begins mid afternoon with a walking safari out into the bush, accompanied by an armed guide to the treehouse, which has been built within the branches of an ancient Leadwood tree. On arrival you are welcomed with a sunset cocktail before having a warm shower and dinner prepared under the stars. The proper double bed is made up with fine linen, soft duvets and mosquito net, perfectly snug for your night under the stars. You will be woken at dawn by birdsong and early morning tea, then head off on foot to see animal at their most active. A hearty gourmet breakfast for two will be prepared on an open fire under the shade of a tree before you return to camp.
The supplementary cost for a night in the Treehouse will be from £230 per person fully inclusive and must be booked in advance.
This kind of option is fraught with local difficulties, rain, heat, dust, mud, insects, animal movements etc etc – so all Treehouse experiences will be operated at the discretion of the senior guide in camp at Beho Beho. The guide will decide which is the most suitable night of the four night’s stay that guests will be able to enjoy this activity. If for whatever reasons the guests are not able to participate in this activity a full refund will be given and a complimentary voucher for the Treehouse night in the future.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours