Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge is westward-facing, on the opposite side of the crater.
The lodge enjoys fantastic sunsets and uninterrupted views of the crater’s splendour. Another advantage lies in its position near the quieter eastern access road: you reach the crater floor and begin your game viewing before the bulk of vehicles arrives from the west.
The glass-domed lobby leads down to the circular restaurant and bar and out onto the verandah and is the only lodge on the crater to have a pool. The lodge has 97 spacious bedrooms. All have glass-fronted verandahs with crater views.
The restaurant has large windows and the buffet-style meals offer a good choice.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours