River Manor Country House and Spa is a luxurious, owner-managed guest house in the historic town of Stellenbosch. Set in 'The Avenue', a famous oak lined street in Stellenbosch, it occupies two colonial houses and has national monument status.
River Manor is just a two-minute stroll from the restaurants, period buildings, museums and art galleries of the town centre. Many of the most famous wine estates are literally a few minutes drive away.
There are just 16 rooms. Classic rooms are spacious and elegantly decorated; the spacious superior rooms provide baths with separate showers – some have original Victorian bath tubs. A complimentary port and sherry tray is provided in each room, as well as the usual conveniences – bathrobes, mini-bar, televisions and computer links. Some rooms have air-conditioning, so please let us know if you would like it.
River Manor has recently added a second outdoor pool, and a new purpose-built health and beauty spa situated in the large, tranquil gardens. The spa uses Dermalogica products and offers a comprehensive range of therapeutic and beauty treatments.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours