Swellendam, with its 18th and 19th century buildings and the old Drostdy Museum, makes an interesting stop. The Hideaway is set in a flower garden in the heart of this delightful old town. Generous hospitality, antique furnishings, superb breakfasts, an honesty bar and the outstanding local knowledge of your hosts combine to make this 5-star B&B a little gem, which is consistently praised by our clients.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours