Franschhoek Country House & Villas lie on the outskirts of Franschhoek, surrounded by breathtaking mountain views.
The original country house was South Africa’s first perfumery, dating back to 1890 and now houses six standard deluxe rooms. Five more luxury rooms are separate from the main building, set in well-maintained gardens with lavender, fountains and mature trees. Most of the rooms have private balconies where you can enjoy the mountain views with a glass of sherry.
The garden cottages are ideal for young families, with a patio and an upstairs lounge with a fold-out bed and a balcony that overlook the surrounding vineyards.
The villa suites offers a spacious lounge with an entertainment system, under floor heating for the cold winter nights and a seperate lounge from bedroom where you can even choose your pillow and listen to music in the bath!
Ranked as one of the country’s finest eateries, the Monneaux Restaurant has been listed in the Top 100 list for six years. Enjoy lunch on the fountain terrace under the pepper tree or at the pool, and later, dinner in the relaxed elegance of the dining room in the manor house. The wine list contains an impressive collection of the area’s boutique wines that the area is known for, as well as an excellent selection of other local and international wine.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours