Babylonstoren is a beautifully restored Cape Dutch farm, owned and managed by the ex-editor of South Africa’s Elle Decoration, is already creating quite a stir.
Situated on the cross roads between Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and Paarl, the farm is right in the centre of South Africa’s Winelands.
The eight-acre fruit and vegetable garden is at the heart of this working farm. It was originally one of the Company Gardens of the Cape, where for centuries ships would replenish with fresh water, fruit and vegetables aat the halfway stop between Asia and Europe.
Today, there are seven cottages, three of which are one bedroom, four are two bedroom all whitewashed with thatched roofs, that overlook the garden and the vineyards and have a lounge and basic kitchen. The thick walls help the cottages stay cool in summer and cosy in winter - the rooms are heated by open fires in the chillier months, which make Babylonstorn a delightful year-round option.
New accommodation options on the farm are the nine one bedroom suites which all have access to an outdoor pool and hot spa area that has a salt room, sauna and vitality pool.
There are cup cake turn downs and a real tea garden from which guests can select any combination of fresh flowers and herbs for infusion. There are donkeys to feed, eggs to collect for breakfast, bicycles to ride, a running stream for paper boat floating, a pool to splash in. This is a real working farm, where guests can become as much a part of the daily routine as they choose.
Children under 2 stay free if sharing a room with their parents, in a cot.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Taste gourmet food and superb wines
- Watch the breaching whales
- Dare to dive with a Great White Shark
- Enjoy twice daily drives in search of big game
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours