Angala Boutique Hotel, formerly Cathbert Country Inn, is situated equidistance between Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and Paarl, has a wonderful setting in the foothills of the Simonsberg Mountains, surrounded by forests and some of South Africa's finest wine estates.
The eight rooms and suites are each named after an indigenous South African flower and individually decorated. They are equipped with welcome luxuries and have private verandahs from which to enjoy the views of the gardens, mountains and vineyards. All the rooms have air-conditioning, a ceiling fan and bathroom with shower and bath. The luxury suites are positioned right above the dam. Standard rooms are behind the restaurant – still with good views – and have a smaller lounge area. There is also an executive suite with a large separate lounge.
Angala Boutique Hotel stands on what was the area of Vrede en Lust – and actually shares its main entrance with the wine farm. Neighbouring wine estates include Rupert & Rothschild, Backsberg, Glen Carlou, Boschendal, Kanonkop, and Plaisir De Merle. There are lovely walks out of the back of the inn onto the mountain; or you can sit around the pool and enjoy the beautiful views and the clean mountain air.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours