Madikwe Safari Lodge is a sophisticated lodge divided into three intimate camps. It is set on a slope between two rolling hills and looks out over the rich, game-filled plains towards the distant Dwarsberg Hills and the nearby Marico River. The views are breathtaking.
The three camps offer a total of 15 spacious suites, each beautifully decorated in warm, earthy tones. Each air-conditioned suite provides a bedroom with a circular fireplace, a sitting area and a large dressing area. The bathroom is equipped with a large bathtub, twin basins and both indoor and outdoors showers. The extensive outdoor decked area has a private plunge pool and looks onto the spectacular game-filled plains.
The main areas in the camps have a library, a shop, a casual outdoor living room for relaxation section and a romantic dining area - all lit by lantern light in the evening. The lodge is ideal for family holidays and the food is superb, ranging from regional cuisine to fresh pizza’s baked in their pizza oven.
Children are welcome at Madikwe. There are two suites suitable for two adults and a child aged 11 or younger. For safety reasons, children under 6 cannot participate on game drives. There is a range of child-friendly meals and child minding is available.
The lodge works closely with the local communities. The guides have been drawn from the local communities and trained to extremely high standards
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours