Woodall Country House is an ideal base for game viewing in Addo Elephant Park. It started life as farm accommodation and was much loved as that, winning the coveted AA Accommodation award three times in three years in the ‘farm accommodation’ category. This award was, as much as anything, for the warm hospitality and personal service for which Woodall is renowned. Over the last three years, owners James and Debbie Miller have transformed Woodall into a five-star country-house boutique hotel, including a spa and two very spacious garden suites.
Woodall is a working citrus farm in the Sundays River Valley. The house is surrounded by orange and lemon groves, and beautiful rose gardens. It overlooks a dam where cormorants, herons as well as rarer water fowl reside.
Accommodation is in Cape-style cottages and luxury suites set in very pretty gardens, alive with the sounds of birds and the scent of flowers. The rooms come with every feature: twin or king-size beds, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, mini-bars, mini hi-fi, internet access and most have outdoor showers. All have separate baths and showers.
The suites are spacious and airy with contemporary décor and include a separate living room and double outdoor shower.
Woodall has a swimming pool, a spa and a fully equipped gym. The spa has a massage and therapy room, steam room, sauna, hydrotherapy bath and spacious double showers. It offers a very wide range of therapies, and specialises in skincare treatments.
Woodall runs its own game drives in Addo Elephant Park and we can pre-book them for you. They are good value: you explore the park on a 3 – 5 hour drive in an open 4WD vehicle with a highly experienced guide and the fee includes park entrance fees, drinks and snacks. The Addo area is one of the world’s largest citrus growing areas. Find out more about this agri-industry on one of the Citrus Tours. This is a 3 - 5 hour drive with a one of the foremost citrus experts and includes drinks & snacks.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours