The little town of St Lucia, by Lake St Lucia, at the southern end of the wetland beaches, is a hub for all kinds of outdoor activities.
You can cruise on the lake, go fishing, kayak, ride horses on the beach and explore the coastal forests, now a nature reserve with over 500 bird species. There is boatbased whale-watching between June and November.
Offering a ‘home from home’ experience, Avalone Guesthouse is an excellent base for exploring South Africa. It has 12 comfortable rooms.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours