Tanda Tula is situated in the Timbavati Private Game Reserve which is adjacent to the Kruger National Park, sharing an unfenced border allowing for free game movement between the two. Built on the shady banks of the Nharalumi riverbed, the lodge overlooks an active waterhole. The main area has an open plan thatched lounge with fireplace, bar area, and infinity pool overlooking the waterhole. Evening meals are generally served around log fires in the open air boma.
Accommodation is in 12 luxurious East African style tented suites which are well spaced along the banks of the Nhralumi River. The tents are under thatch and the interiors have a light and elegant décor with private deck and loungers to enjoy the bush views from. The en suite bathrooms have luxurious Victorian bath and an outdoor shower overlooking the riverbed.
Children over 8 years are welcome. Early morning and evening game drives are lead by ranger and tracker to make the most of your time explore the 20,000 hectares of “Big Five” territory. There are also daily guided walks on offer which give excellent insight into the smaller things which are often missed from the vehicle.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours