Set under shady trees along the seasonal Monwana River, this 5-star owner-managed lodge is situated in Thornybush Game Reserve, to the west of the Kruger National Park with a 14,000 hectares traversing area. The area is known for good all-round game viewing.
There are only four sumptuous suites at Shumbalala, all constructed with natural stone and thatch, each with a private deck overlooking the bush. The luxurious twin or king size four-poster beds have pure cotton sheets and a choice of pillows. The highlights of the luxury bathrooms are the stand-alone claw-foot Victorian bath ‘with a view’, working fire place, indoor shower and a secluded outdoor shower.
The huge 2-bedroom Presidential suite has a private plunge pool, a large dining area and private chef service is available on request.
There are two spacious lounge areas, a pool, a curio shop and private library with a good selection of wildlife books, an internet station and Wi-Fi access in the main lodge areas.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours